Sunday, December 5, 2010

Learning to Drive a Racecar in Napa Valley

For perhaps my favorite event I have ever done was Oakley Learn to Ride Racecar. We flew in celebrities, media, and ourselves to wine country in Sonoma, California and stayed at the amazing Bardessono. Upon arrival, you are handed a glass of wine. Ahhh amazing.

The suites were really nice, and I particularly loved the outside feel of the shower and bathtub.

Napa is so beautiful.

We headed over to Infineon Raceway, to learn how to drive Audi racecars on the Formula 1 race track.

First, off to the classroom!

Then to the training course!



Then to the big girl track! So awesome. I think my top speed was 120 mph. Adrenaline rush!





Following the adrenaline-packed day of learning to drive a race car, drifting, and flying around the Formula 1 track over 100 mph, we had a private dinner party. Delicious.
Photo: me, OK! Magazine's Gena Oppenheim, Melrose Place's Shaun Sipos

What an amazing trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment