Sunday, March 20, 2011

SXSW Day 2: OMD, Moby, The Kills, TV on the Radio

The second day of SXSW started out with catching shows at the SPIN party at Stubbs.
OMD rocked the stage and "If You Leave" brought the whole crowd feeling like they were at high school prom again.
Then Moby came out and played guitar for a few of OMD's songs. I am a huge fan of his so this was a great moment!
The Kills rocked the stage until sound problems caused them to get a little aggravated. Oops?

Alison Mosshart, singer of The Kills
Jamie Hince, British guitarist of The Kills.
Skrillex aka Sonny Moore aka former frontman of From First to Last headlined the DJ sets at the SPIN event.
Yo Gabba Gabba event made an appearance.
TV on the Radio headlined the daytime event with a new Sexy Jesus-lookalike trombone player addition to cover Gerrard Smith who is reportedly battling lung cancer.
Tunde Adebimpe is the TV on the Radio frontman who killed it. Best performance of the day. I invited these guys to our VEVO event on Saturday night, and I don't think they could have had more fun. In the barrage of text messages I received that night, my favorite was from TV on the Radio Dave Sitek: "Hey page, its dave sitek (tv on the radio) can I park my VESPA by VIP entrance?" Haha. I love a hipster rocker on a Vespa. Great day for music in Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment