Sunday, March 20, 2011

SXSW Day 3: Kanye West, Jay Z, Kid Cudi, John Legend, Bon Iver, etc

My client VEVO took over the Austin Power Plant for a 2500+ person party with Kanye West and his G.O.O.D. Artists (his record label). By Saturday night, the power plant turned into the VEVO Power Station for the most extravagant event Austin has probably ever seen.
Oh, and the Supermoon was out in full effect over Austin.
The entire roster of performers in ski masks open the show with Mos Def on the old fashioned mic.
Pusha T
Kid Cudi
Kanye West
John Legend and Kanye West
Kanye West plus a marching band
And a surprise performance by....Jay Z!
Justin Vernon, front man of Bon Iver--my personal favorite artist there
Finale including Big Sean and Mr Hudson! What a show!
On the way back to LA the following day, I noticed my combat boots had picked up quite a bit of Austin dirt. I think I'll keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment